Bauer Dean’s Executive Board Welcomes Four New Members
The University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business Dean’s Executive Board met recently with three of four new members in attendance.
Joining the esteemed group of corporate leaders who are helping to direct Bauer as it moves forward are two alumni with impeccable credentials: Sam Douglass (’54), chairman and CEO of Equus Corp. Incorporated; and J. Downey Bridgwater (’84), chairman, president and CEO, Sterling Bancshares Inc. and Sterling Bank and a frequent guest lecturer at Bauer.
Two others are also lending expertise: Bala V. Balachandran, executive strategic advisor to the Dean, Bauer College, J. L. Kellogg Distinguished Professor of Accounting Information and Management, and Director of the Accounting Research Center at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University; and Frank Kelley, associate dean of undergraduate studies at Bauer College.
“Our newest Executive Board members add to an already stellar group of supporters who are lending their expertise as Bauer College accomplishes its goals,” said Dean Arthur Warga.
“We welcome Sam and Downey to the board and know that we are fortunate to have their expertise. Bala and Frank have been involved in moving Bauer forward for some time and both are key players in our continued growth and development.”
The DEB is led by incoming Chairman Richard Rawson (’72), president, Insperity. Other members include:
- Past board chairman John McNabb II, chairman, Growth Capital Partners, L.P.;
- Duy-Loan T. Le (MBA ’89), senior fellow, Texas Instruments Inc., director, National Instruments;
- Dave Warren, president and CEO, Energy Alloys;
- Robert Casey, associate dean of external relations, Bauer College;
- Fran Keeth (’77, MS ACCY ’80, JD ’88), retired CEO, Shell Chemicals Inc.;
- Gerald McElvy (’75), president, ExxonMobil Foundation;
- Michael Cemo (BS ’68), Michael J. Cemo Interests;
- Darren Wolfman (’81), CPA, EEPB;
- L.R. “Robin” French, founder and CEO, FEC Holdings, L.P.;
- Latha Ramchand, associate dean of programs and administration, Bauer College;
- Melvyn Wolff (’53), chairman, Star Furniture, a Berkshire Hathaway company;
- Rex Adams, chairman, Invesco;
- Anthony Chase, chairman and CEO, ChaseSource, L.P.;
- Samuel DiPiazza Jr. (MS ACCY ’73), retired Global CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers Int’l, Ltd.;
- C. Gregory Harper (MBA ’97), senior vice president and group president, CenterPoint Energy Pipelines and Field Services;
- Karen Katz (MBA ’82), president and CEO, Neiman Marcus Stores;
- Aylwin Lewis (’76, MBA ’90), CEO, Potbelly Sandwich Works;
- David Mendez, chairman, JPMorgan Chase Texas Middle Market;
- Jack Moore (’77), president and CEO, Cameron;
- Mark Papa (MBA ’80), chairman and CEO, EOG Resources;
- Bruce Williamson (MBA ’95), chairman, president and CEO, Dynegy.
By Julie Bonnin