Banking Executives Convene for Roundtable on Economy Hosted by UH Bauer
Experts on the current economic crisis may not have reached a consensus on whether the downturn has ended, but most can agree that the banking industry is at the forefront of the issue. On Oct. 6, the University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business will convene a panel of industry executives to provide an inside look at the banking industry’s role in this situation.
The event, “Banking Roundtable: The Current Banking Crisis,” will be held at 6 p.m. in Melcher Hall, Room 160. The topic is especially timely, says Charles Guez, NASDAQ Clinical Professor of Finance and Director of the Commercial Banking Program at UH Bauer.
“The past three years have been difficult on the finance industry,” he adds. “The perspective from the leaders of the banking industry is especially important, and that’s what we’ll be discussing and analyzing at this event.”
The event is hosted by Latha Ramchand, Associate Dean and Professor of Finance, and moderated by Charles Guez, NASDAQ Clinical Professor of Finance and Director of the Commercial Banking Program, the discussion will feature executives from the following banks:
- Amegy Bank: Dave Stevenson, Executive Vice President and Regional Commercial Lending Manager
- Bank of Texas: Valerie Gibbs, President, Houston Region
- BBVA Compass: Eric Ensmann, Executive Vice President, Director of Risk & Portfolio Management
- Comerica Bank: John Castellano, Senior Vice President, Group Manager for Middle Market
- JPMorgan Chase Bank: Terence Hill, Senior Vice President, Division Manager of Commercial Banking
The roundtable is free and open to UH and Bauer students and the public.
By Sarayu Sundar